Resident Management Company Support

Francis Butson & Associates understand the amount of legislation which Residents Management Companies (RMCs) and Right To Manage Companies (RTMs) have a duty to comply with. We will be there to help and advise every step of the way. Our dynamic and energetic approach and our efficient administration of the service charge means that you can rest assured your building is in good hands.

Communication with the directors will be either by telephone, letter or email whichever is appropriate. Interaction and clear communication between the parties is vital.

If required, Francis Butson & Associates is appointed as Company Secretary of the management company. All duties associated with this role will be fulfilled by us. We will register all changes at Companies House on behalf of the management company, and comply with the company’s statutory obligations in ensuring that accounts and annual returns are filed in a timely manner.

We would liaise with the relevant parties during property transfers to ensure that new members/shareholders are registered according to the Memorandum & Articles of Association and the terms of the Lease.

We will arrange Board Meetings on behalf of the directors and the Annual General Meeting where required. We will issue notice of the AGM to the leaseholders within the required timescale along with the agenda and other associated documents.


Lease Compliance

Breaches of the Lease will be dealt with strictly. Normally a letter or a telephone call pointing out the breach is sufficient. Sometimes residents are unaware they have breached the lease. For instance, if someone is parking in the wrong space, it might be that the property is sub-let and the tenant has not been made aware of exactly where they should park!

If the breach is more serious and is not quickly resolved or mediation fails then, after consultation with the directors, we would resort to legal action and employ the services of an appropriate legal advisor and seek determination by The First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) or County Court.