Francis Butson & Associates recognise that selling your property can be an incredibly stressful time. We have procedures in place to ensure your sale progresses smoothly and efficiently from our end.
Once a sale has been agreed, enquiries are usually raised by the solicitor or conveyancer acting on the Leaseholder’s behalf. We will provide a pack, commonly known as the Sellers Leasehold Information Pack, which is very comprehensive and will contain answers to the many questions appertaining to the Lease, service charges, maintenance of the building and will be accompanied by copies of all supporting documentation. The pack is very comprehensive and will contain answers to the enquiries regarding the Lease, service charges, maintenance of the building and will be accompanied by copies of all supporting documentation.
Examples of the information and documents requested include the following:
- Leaseholder’s statement of account
- Confirmation that the seller’s account is up to date
- Last three year’s Service Charge Accounts
- Service charge budget for the current and next financial year
- Details of any Reserve/Sinking Fund
- Details of any planned major works
- Details of any current Section 20 Consultation procedures
- A copy of the buildings insurance policy and schedule
- Latest Fire Risk Assessment, Health & Safety Audit and Asbestos Survey
- Information on Notice of Transfer & Charge procedures
- Deed of Covenant requirements if applicable
- Details of any Restrictions in the Register for the Land Registry
- Information on transfer of Shares and/or membership of the Management Company
- Memorandum & Articles of the Management Company
There is a standard fee payable by the seller for the Sellers Information Pack. Upon receipt of the cleared funds, we aim to provide the pack to your legal representative within 5 – 7 working days. We would endeavour to answer any additional enquiries within 48 working hours.
Francis Butson & Associates will deal with the formalities of the change of ownership and then write to the new owner to introduce ourselves and welcome them to their new property.